We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information and explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. We comply with the principles of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and conform with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from the 25th May 2018.
1. When do we collect your personal data?
• When you open an account with us.
• When you purchase a product or service from us or by phone, email or such like or engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you arrange a site survey.
• When you commission our services to build, install, service or repair and replacement.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on, or review our products and services.
2. Limiting the Collection or Tracking of Personal Information
Display Manager limits its collection or tracking of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
We do not use this information to analyse or pass on to third parties.
3. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Display Manager does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
(a) to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
(b) to Display Manager employees, independent contractors, consultants, business associates, suppliers and agents, acting on Display Manager behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
• We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
(c) when required to do so by law.
4. What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a contract).
• That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
• Review by an employee of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Display Manager holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Paul Crannaford, Compliance Manager, Display Manager Ltd, 11 Plover House, Aviary Court, Wadwe Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8PE or email subject.access.request to .
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We keep your information stored on information systems protected by passwords in premises secured by 24/7 monitored alarms.
Contractual Obligations – In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, we collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
Consent - In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
If you have given us your details they may be updated, amended or removed at any time – see 4 above.
7. Legitimate Interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information (Identified Purposes) We use personal information for the following purposes only:
(a) to communicate with customers and site visitors and to inform you of products and services available from Display Manager Ltd.
(b) to fulfil your requests for products, services or information
(c) to further understand customer needs regarding Display Manager's products and services
(d) to enable us to review the effectiveness of our website and other marketing initiatives
(e) for administration purposes
(f) to process any request for employment
(g) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request
(h) to protect the services, products or rights of Display Manager, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Display Manager website
(i) to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Display Manager’s products and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
8. Linked sites
If you follow links to other websites from this website we do not control those sites and are not responsible for the use of your data by those site owners.
As we all know, the UK declared its intentions to withdraw from the EU. At Display Manager, we believe we must embrace the challenges that ‘Brexit’ will bring.
There is still considerable uncertainty as the Brexit negotiations take place and therefore our plans are intended to allow for a large degree of flexibility.
As the exit deadline, January 1st 2021 is approaching, we recognise that our customers, and suppliers will understandably be concerned.
We are currently putting measures into place to ensure a continued reliable supply of our products, after January 1st 2021, hence our suppliers and customers can be assured that we will maintain our stability, and make sure minimal impact on product availability, lead-time and cost implications.
We understand that individual concerns and priorities may differ depending on the nature of the business. We would encourage open dialogue and information exchange with your main Display Manager contact person, who will be happy to help with any queries.
With regards to quotations and orders we will endeavour to maintain prices quoted for 30 days as normal, however, currency fluctuations may result in price changes without notice and additional tariffs, (notably on display screens with built in TV tuners), may have to be levied.